Kids & Teens
Lessons include instruction in some or all of the following:
piano skills (scales, chords, arpeggios) technique, theory, sight reading, and
My First Piano Adventures by Faber is, I believe, the best method written for piano. This is a magical age and the books are full of delightful pieces and learning exercises.
There are many methods for this age group to choose from. Some move quicker than others and all have the same basic early material. These books are colorfully attractive for young children.
Pre-teen and teen: Again, this has the same basic material, but moves a bit faster and has a slightly more “grown-up” presentation. I prefer the Faber method for this age group.
Certificate of Merit
The Certificate of Merit program is offered through the Music Teacher’s of California organization. It is a five-part exam designed to further the student’s experience of music through performance, sight-reading, ear-training, technique and music theory. The
MTAC of Temecula offers this program on February 29th, 2020 at our studio.
Preparation for the program as well as sign-ups begin in September 2019. This is a very prestigious achievement for any student ’s resume or college application.
Tuition is due the first lesson of the month and is nonrefundable. It is the same monthly fee whether there are 3,4, or 5 lessons in the month. Books and recital fees are additional.
Tuition per month:
30 minutes lessons: $ 120.00
45 minute lessons: $ 180.00
60 minute lessons: $ 240.00
Late Fee: Your monthly fee is due on the 1st lesson of the month or before. Please be prompt with your payment. There will be a $10.00 late fee if tuition is not received by the 10th of the month.
- No payment credit will be issued for missed lessons for any reason.
- I offer make-up lessons when I feel the time is best used. This may be by lengthening subsequent lessons or rescheduling.
- A make-up lesson is only offered when there is prior notice.
- Any lesson I miss, I will make-up.
- Frequent rescheduling could result in lost time slot.
- If you are sick or contagious, please stay home. I will do the same. Please wash hands before your lesson.
- A weekly time reserved in my schedule for the student
- An individual progress plan for your student
- Recital, festival, competition, and Certification of Merit preparation, as well as the teacher’s time spent attending and organizing events.